||Jean Salomon André
Painter, sculptor, photographer, writer and poet, these are some of my qualities and passion. Having originally been an impressionist painter and having learned the techniques of Monet, Cezanne, Van Gogh, etc. .. I started to open up to modern and abstract art when I studied at UQAM in the visual arts program, which was created in the turbulence of Refusal with Global Pellan, Riopelle, one of the most influential groups of artists questioning the role of the modern art in Quebec.
From that moment, the Haitian painter that I became a full multi-talented artist. Modern and post-modern arts seem to have an impact on my mind, leading me to settling between photography and painting, two different modes of representation.
Therefore, I try to capture the "spatial" from simple objects in my studio that contribute to the creation of a new choreography. The Air or the dynamics of the movement has become so important that it has allowed me to produce several paintings of the same themes such as the seasons, the cycles of astral life ... As a painter, I do not want to reproduce photographs, but rather to interpret them. This is the world that I invite you to enter.
John Solomon is a graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Port-au-Prince, and then obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts at UQAM, Quebec, Canada. He has participated in several solo and group exhibitions, the main ones:
• July 1978: Group exhibition, Museum of Arts College St-Pierre, Haiti
• October / November 1979: Group exhibition, French Institute of Haiti
• March 1980: Group exhibition, Haitian Institute for Economic and Social Development (IHDES), Haiti
• July / August 1986: Solo exhibition at the Lope de Vega Institute, Haiti
• April 1987: Solo exhibition at the National Pedagogical Institute of Haiti
• June / July 1987: Solo exhibition at the Haitian-German Cultural Association
• June 1998-July 2010: Permanent exhibition at the Studio Arts in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
• October 2012: Solo exhibition, Galerie Céline Allard, Toronto. "The dance of lines and colors" funded by the Arts Council of Ontario.
• December 2012: Group Exhibition at Beaux-Arts Brampton (Christmas Show), price Muriel Davidson Essence of Water obtained from the gallery.
• December 2012: Collective Exhibition (1st Juried Show organized by the Fine Arts Society of Milton Holcim Gallery), Milton, Canada
• February 2013: Solo exhibition, Brock University, Ontario in the month of the African Pride
• February 2013: Solo Exhibition, Fine Arts Brampton, Ontario during the month of Black History
• February 2013: Presentation of a table'''' Chained to The Haiti Toronto home at the event organized in the month of Black History.
Jean Salomon André is also Member of Fine Arts Brampton (BAB) and Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM).
Follow us on our blog: http://kiskeyart.blogspot.ca